Problem in installing PyGreSQL

Дамјан Георгиевски gdamjan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:40:17 EDT 2009

>> > By the way, you don't have to be super user to install PyGreSQL.
>> > You just need SU if you want to install it system wide.  PyGreSQL
>> > doesn't require any special privileges to run.
>>
>> Right, but the packages install system-wide. That's why he could
>> compile it himself but not use the package.
>
> Exactly so don't install the package.  Do "python setup.py build" and
> put the three files that are built (_pg.so, pg.py and pgdb.py) into
> any directory and point PYTHONPATH to it.

Or.. with Python 2.6 and up, you can do:
   python setup.py install --user
and it will install the package in users own
~/.local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/

BTW that path is configurable with the PYTHONUSERBASE environment
variable.

see: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0370/

--
дамјан ( http://softver.org.mk/damjan/ )

Spammers scratch here with a diamond to find my address: