merge two png pic

Xavier Ho contact at xavierho.com
Tue Aug 4 03:31:29 EDT 2009

Strange, I did reply but you didn't see it?

> >> What do you want to do with such a big image? You will run into the same
> >> limitation when you are trying to display it.
> >>

> > I want to download a map from google map with high precision

Download several maps instead. Streaming if you have to.

I'm not sure how you're going to avoid that MemoryError by trying to
aggregate everything at once. Might have to make it a dynamic loader, and
only load pictures as relevant (i.e: visible, and next to visible)

Think how Google Maps do it. They can't possibly upload 5GB of pictures
every time you access Maps - that wouldn't have worked. They work with the
only visible areas.

If you could tell us exactly what your program is trying to achieve, maybe
we'll have a better solution for you.

Best regards,

Ching-Yun "Xavier" Ho, Technical Artist

Contact Information