[OT] How do I reply to a thread by sending a message to python-list at python.org

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Thu Aug 27 03:31:01 EDT 2009

Hi all

I mentioned yesterday that I had a problem sending a message to the
newsgroup via the Outlook Express news reader.

Today I received an email from DaveA, which was sent to me via
python-list at python.org.

I tried simply replying to the email, to see if it behaved better than
Outlook Express. I hit 'Reply to all', so it 'replied' to the sender and
cc'ed to python-list at python.org.

I have just checked in google-groups and my message does appear, in the
correct thread, but not in its correct thread position.

Is there a proper way to do this, or is it better to stick to a news reader
like Outlook Express?

Thanks

Frank Millman

P.S. I am sending this message via email to python-list at python.org - let's