Read C++ enum in python

Ludo olivier.anospamrnospamnnospamanospamenospamz at affaires.net
Tue Aug 18 19:03:30 EDT 2009

Hello,

I work in a very large project where we have C++ packages and pieces of
python code.

I've been googleing for days but what I find seems really too
complicated for what I want to do.

My business is, in python, to read enum definitions provided by the
header file of an c++ package.
Of course I could open the .h file, read the enum and transcode it by
hand into a .py file but the package is regularly updated and thus is
the enum.

My question is then simple : do we have :
	- either a simple way in python to read the .h file, retrieve the c++
enum and provide an access to it in my python script
	- either a simple tool (in a long-term it would be automatically run
when the c++ package is compiled) generating from the .h file a .py file
containing the python definition of the enums ?

Thank you for any suggestion.