os.system in a service

Lawrence Wong lawrencew00 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 5 12:07:39 EDT 2009

Hi,

I wrote a program which runs a .bat file using os.system like: 'os.system(pathToBatFile)' and everything was good.  Then I decided to turn my program into a service as opposed to being run with the command prompt showing.  When my program became a service, I noticed that the os.system command to run my .bat file was no longer working.  By 'not working' I mean no exception is thrown, but it was as if the line with os.system(pathToBatFile) did not exist.  I was wondering why this is and if there is a way to fix this or what an alternative to using os.system to run my .bat file was?

LW . . . Lawrence