Which GUI framework to use?

koranthala koranthala at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 00:09:05 EDT 2009

Hi,
   I am creating a very minimal application (a networking app).
   I have written the application using Twisted.
   Now, I need to put a GUI wrapper on the application.
   The application needs a login screen and also it needs to be
minimized to system tray. If I right click the image on system tray, I
should be able to close it.
   It uses some legacy code, so the whole app is written in Python
2.4. Also, my company requires that I use permissive licenses (no GPL
- MIT, BSD, LGPL etc ok)

   Which GUI framework is best for this? I tried using Tkinter, but it
does not support minimize to system tray (or I couldnt find it).

   This is my first foray to GUI programming, so other issues that I
am worried about -
   1. GUI needs a loop, Twisted needs a loop. How can both go ahead
without messing each other?

Thank You very much