import and package confusion

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Apr 30 21:25:49 EDT 2009

En Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:10:12 -0300, alex23 escribió:
> On Apr 30, 5:33 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" wrote:

>> (doesn't work as written, because [...]
>
> Man, I don't get Python... I can write a program that runs properly on
> the first try but every time I post untested code to c.l.p I regret
> it...

Most of Python features are rather natural and/or intuitive so it's easy
to express your idea of a program in Python code. BUT in this particular
case, __import__ behaviour is NOT intuitive nor natural nor practical
nor... so it's quite reasonable you fall in the trap :)

(it happens to me too: every time I post some untested code, it has a bug!)

--
Gabriel Genellina