urlgrabber for Python 3.0

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Apr 30 17:26:22 EDT 2009

Robert Dailey wrote:
> urlgrabber 3.1.0 currently does not support Python 3.0.

URLs are nice.  I presume you mean the package at

http://linux.duke.edu/projects/urlgrabber/

Development appears to have stopped over two years ago with the 3.1.0
release, which was for 2.3-2.5.

 > Is there a version out there that does support this?

Perhaps 2to3 would come close to producing such a version.  You might
ask the authors if they plan any further development or support.

> Perhaps Python 3.0 now has
> built in support for this? Could someone provide some guidance here?

I do not think there were any major changes in the library modules.

tjr