What do you think of ShowMeDo

Peter Pearson ppearson at nowhere.invalid
Thu Apr 30 11:34:34 EDT 2009

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:13:32 -0400, David Robinow <drobinow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 9:29 AM,  <kyran at showmedo.com> wrote:
>> To reiterate, I responded to this thread because I think Ben's posting
>> gave an unfair impression of the site and i felt the need to address
>> some misconceptions. I am sorry you failed to find the videos, but
>> many tens of thousands are found every week and I really haven't heard
>> of anyone failing to find their way to the content. In this sense I
>> think you are exceptional.

> Count me as one who couldn't find his way.
[snip]

Me too.  Of course, showmedo was just one of several promising
leads, so rather than lingering to figure it out, I just moved
on to the next promising lead.

Many web pages would be greatly improved if their owners simply
watched over the shoulder of a new visitor.  Find someone who
resembles your target audience and who is completely unfamiliar
with your site.  State a specific goal to be reached by navigating
your site.  Watch silently over the subject's shoulder.