Third Party Modules

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Wed Apr 29 18:39:15 EDT 2009

> On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:15:23 -0700, John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> wrote:
>> Brock wrote:
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> I know this is most likely a basic question and you will roll your
>>> eyes, but I am just starting out with Python (hobbyist) and I see many
>>> tutorials on the web referring to the use of external modules.
>
>>     There are several different mechanism for handling this, and they
> all suck.
>> The whole Python module distribution scheme is so uncoordinated that
> there's
>> no uniform way to do this.  It's not your fault.
>>     I'm not going to put Python software out for public use again.  I
> don't
>> have the time to deal with this crap.

People are working on this.... for example, I am working on a Package
Manager Project on sourceforge to solve exactly these problems.

Hopefully soon we will be ready to do a release.

In the spirit of open source, you would be welcome to join our project,
and do some testing. Report some bugs etc.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonpkgmgr/

Best Regards

David