Tools for web applications

Mario pascal at po.t-com.hr
Wed Apr 29 09:38:53 EDT 2009

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:37:57 -0700, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:

>> What easyToLearn tools you suggest for creating: 1. powerfull web
>> applications
>
> Have a look at http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks
>
> You will find that there are many options each with its own fan crowd
> emphasizing the advantages and downplaying the disadvantages of their
> favorite framework. You will pretty much have to decide for yourself
> which suits you best. I'm personally very happy with turbogears.
>
>> 2. desktop applications
>
> Dabo is a desktop application framework: http://dabodev.com/ Or you
> perhaps mean a GUI framework? Have a look at
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming The same comments as above
> apply, you need to detail your requirements before an informed advice
> can be given.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

And what IDE you suggest ? I need an information about tools for a quick
start, so that I can decide about learning Ruby, python or something
else. My field of interest is a small business applications (desktop and
web), so that I have a practical tool for practical use of accounting and
financial methods.