Connecting/talking to OpenOffice Base files

Tue Apr 28 16:43:49 EDT 2009

In message <mailman.4705.1240936701.11746.python-list at python.org>, norseman
wrote:

> #  I know this prints ugly on paper. Blame it on children liking long
> #    words, presumably preferring increased typos too...

Remember this was initially designed to be done with Java. Python was an
afterthought, though it's interesting to see lots of examples where 3 lines
of Java (get object of superclass, cast to subclass, access method) collapse
to a single line of Python (get object, access method). :)