stuck with PyOBEX

David Robinow drobinow at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:32:15 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM, alejandro <aleksandar27 at brisiovonet.hr> wrote:
> Can you tell me what is it? Maybe I can search it and pass it in another
> way... if it is an address or protocol name....
>
>> AF_BLUETOOTH seems to be specific to *nix-systems. At least under debian
>> and
>> ubuntu, I've got it defined.
>>
>> So it seems it is not supported under windows - you should consider the
>> author if that's a mistake, or by design.
>>
>> Diez
>

> --

That won't help. The socket module is not compiled with bluetooth
support on Windows.
Microsoft supplies bluetooth support in the PSDK but it's not
compatible with the Linux support and that's all the socket module
supports.
 To get bluetooth support in the socket module somebody will have to
use a Bluetooth Development Kit that is linux-compatible (I don't know
if that exists).
 Alternatively, you might look at PuBluez
(http://code.google.com/p/pybluez/) which appears to wrap the
Microsoft bluetooth stuff. I don't know if that will help you do what
you want.