Thread-killing, round 666 (was Re: Lisp mentality vs. Python mentality)

Vsevolod vseloved at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 22:40:50 EDT 2009

On Apr 27, 8:18 pm, a... at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:
> That's because there's no response to make; the original post was a joke,
> and trying to have a serious discussion about it rarely excites people.

In every joke there's a grain of truth. And usenet is precisely for
that thing -- discussions. Even of stupid jokes. ;)

> If you want to talk about Python and problems you're running into, you
> should start a new thread.

I'm not at that level of proficiency with the language. I believe most
of my technical problems are connected with lack of knowledge or
experience, not the language's features. While conceptual problems
seem futile to discuss. There's another saying: "when in Rome do as
the Romans do"

Best regards,
Vsevolod