Cannot find text in *.py files with Windows Explorer?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Apr 27 15:36:46 EDT 2009

John Doe wrote:
> Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>> John Doe wrote:

>>> However... It does not have Undo! Potentially risky.
>> Undo is an editor function.  I do not believe Windows Explore has
>> Undo either.
>
> Besides Undo... editing functions like copy, paste, and move are all
> included in a file manager. You might not need that (Undo) safety
> feature... then again, some users think they do not need to keep a
> removable media backup copy of important files from their hard drive
> either.
>
> Undo and other editing functions are part of a file manager. And Yes,
> Windows Explorer does include Undo.

I learn something new.  In my WinXP, I found that Explorer has 'Undo
Move' (good to learn actually, for when I drop a file in the wrong
place), which also undoes normal delete (move to Recycle Bin) and which
even 'undoes' copy by offering to move copy to recycle bin.

A file manager is too powerful to
> be without Undo, unless maybe it prompts the user every time
> files/folders are moved or deleted.

Explorer prompts both for Recycle-move and perma-delete.

> Many have complained, but for some reason the author of FreeCommander
> does not care about that.

So I agree, better to reconfigure Windows search to look in .py files.