Is there a maximum size to a Python program?

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Mon Apr 27 10:52:06 EDT 2009

Carbon Man wrote:
> I have a program that is generated from a generic process. It's job is to
> check to see whether records (replicated from another system) exist in a
> local table, and if it doesn't, to add them.
<cut>
To answer the topic question, it would be limited to the memory your
platform can allocate and I guess that the most critical part would be
if you run out of memory for handling the namespace references.

However my magic 8 ball whispers to me that the provided solution tries
to be smarter than the given problem requires, which is not a good
thing. If so and if possible, please provide a more detailed explanation
of the actual problem you want to solve instead of the problem you
currently have with the provided solution.

--
MPH
http://blog.dcuktec.com