ANN: PyGUI 2.0.5

greg greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Apr 26 21:38:16 EDT 2009

rzed wrote:

> I note that 2.0.5 comments the WM_MOUSELEAVE event, which wasnt'
> mapped in Events.py. Does that mean there is no way to signal such an
> event?

I'm no longer promising to provide mouse_enter and
mouse_leave events on any platform for the time being.
It's not straightforward to implement them on Windows
and they never worked consistently between Cocoa and
Gtk anyway, so they weren't very useful.

 > Is that a QT or PyQt limitation?

It's a Windows API awkwardness. You don't get
WM_MOUSELEAVE events automatically, you have to ask
for them, and there's no such thing as a WM_MOUSEENTER
event at all.

It's not impossible, just more bother than I want
to go to right now.

I'll reconsider the whole issue in the future if
use cases for these events come up. Right now I
don't have any.

--
Greg