Help AIX 5.3 build on Python-3.1a2

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Apr 25 13:14:22 EDT 2009

In article <acf6ccbd-fcdb-4141-b2ef-0c83cae99622 at x5g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>,
 <pruebauno at latinmail.com> wrote:

>> make
>        xlc_r -q64 -c  -DNDEBUG -O2  -I. -IInclude -I./Include   -
>DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Modules/python.o ./Modules/python.c
>1506-507 (W) No licenses available. Contact your program supplier to
>add additional users. Compilation will proceed shortly.
>        xlc_r -q64 -c  -DNDEBUG -O2  -I. -IInclude -I./Include   -
>DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Parser/acceler.o Parser/acceler.c
>1506-507 (W) No licenses available. Contact your program supplier to
>add additional users. Compilation will proceed shortly.
>"Include/token.h", line 42.9: 1506-213 (S) Macro name TILDE cannot be
>redefined.
>"Include/token.h", line 42.9: 1506-358 (I) "TILDE" is defined on line
>250 of /usr/include/sys/ioctl.h.
>make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

Posting the entire autoconf output without first summarizing the problem
will likely cause many people to ignore your post.  In addition, AIX is
traditionally one of the problem platforms, which also will generate
little interest.  You will almost certainly need to do a lot of the
gruntwork, and unless you're already familiar with AIX foibles, this is
likely to be unfixable.  Can you try trimming down the compilation to a
small reproducible case?

until you hire an amateur."  --Red Adair