Superclass initialization

Ole Streicher ole-usenet-spam at gmx.net
Fri Apr 24 10:44:22 EDT 2009

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> writes:
> Perhaps you should post the full trace back instead of just the final
> line.

No Problem, although I dont see the information increase there:

In [318]: class da(ndarray):
   .....:         def __init__(self, mydata):
   .....:             ndarray.__init__(self, 0)
   .....:         self.mydata = mydata
   .....:

In [319]: da(range(100))
ValueError                                Traceback (most recent call last)

/m3d/src/python/<ipython console> in <module>()

ValueError: sequence too large; must be smaller than 32

The same happens if I put the class definition into a file: the
traceback does *not* point to a code line in that source file but to
the input line. Again, full trace:

In [320]: import da

In [321]: da.da(range(100))
ValueError                                Traceback (most recent call last)

/m3d/src/python/<ipython console> in <module>()

ValueError: sequence too large; must be smaller than 32

(using python instead of ipython also does not give more details).

Best regards

Ole