Large data arrays?

Ole Streicher ole-usenet-spam at gmx.net
Fri Apr 24 03:21:18 EDT 2009

Hi Nick,

Nick Craig-Wood <nick at craig-wood.com> writes:
> I'd start by writing a function which took (x, y) in array
> co-ordinates and transformed that into (z) remapped in the Morton
> layout.

This removes the possibility to use the sum() and similar methods of
numpy. Implementing them myself is probably much worse than using
Numpys own.

> Alternatively you could install a 64bit OS on your machine and use
> my scheme!

Well: I am just the developer. Ofcourse I could just raise the
requirements to use my software, but I think it is good style to keep
them as low as possible.

Best regards

Ole