PyModerator, serverFiles.py:13: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead import sha

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 00:00:20 EDT 2009

On Apr 22, 6:16 pm, "Jim Carlock" <jcarl... at NOSPAM.microcosmotalk.com>
wrote:
> I downloaded Python 2.6.2 today. Anyone here know what that error in
> the subject really means and possibly what I should look at? I took
> a look at line 13 in the specified file and it states the line that
> it has a problem with.
>
> import sha
>
> I'm running Python in Windows XP.

I was going to make a snarky reply (as nicely as possible :) that
included a large unedited chunk of the subject line, but I noticed
that the warning message as you listed it isn't intelligible, so I'll
just say replace "import sha" with "import hashlib" and "sha.new" with
"hashlib.sha1", and any other changes that might be necessary
(unlikely).  See the documentation for hashlib.

Carl Banks