JSON and Firefox sessionstore.js

Wed Apr 22 22:16:07 EDT 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:07:46 -0400, TommW wrote:

> The json files are used for bookmark backups in FF 3.0 series.

That's nice to know, but I'm afraid it's irrelevant to my question. There
are lots of things which are JSON. Just because *something else* is JSON
does not imply that sessionstore.js is, or isn't, some other format.

The Mozilla knowledge base claims that sessionstore.js is JSON:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Sessionstore.js

So does this tutorial:

https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Firefox_addons_developer_guide/
Let's_build_a_Firefox_extension

but Some Random Guy On The Internet claims it isn't:

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/01/recovering-text-areas-from-fir.html

I'm leaning towards this being a bug in the json module. Unless somebody
can point me at a credible source that sessionstore.js isn't JSON, I will

Steven