relation class

Aaron Brady castironpi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:52:00 EDT 2009

On Apr 22, 12:09 am, Chris Rebert <c... at rebertia.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Aaron Brady <castiro... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I think Python should have a relation class in the standard library.
> > Fat chance.
>
> Perhaps I'm not understanding "relation" correctly, but are you not
> aware ofhttp://docs.python.org/library/sqlite3.html?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
> --
> I have a blog:http://blog.rebertia.com

Yes, I am aware of it.  I should have mentioned.  It is much the same
as what I am picturing, especially with the special ':memory:' name
for creating in RAM.

It only supports numbers and strings, which makes it appropriate for
persistence but not in-memory objects.  It is also very advanced
compared to what I am picturing.

Its strategy for the syntax of the select statement is to use a
string, followed by the arguments for interpolation.  How could you
use it to map, say, tree nodes back and forth to their parents?

There are many data structures which are in undirected relations to
others.