wxPython 2.8 for Python 2.6 on Linux

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 22:48:23 EDT 2009

On Apr 19, 8:30 am, David Robinow <drobi... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Kenny x <xarv... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, I use Ubuntu 8.10 and the latest version of Python.
>
> > I started programming wxPython on my Windows computer,
>
> > but now I have access to my ubuntu box, and want wxPython for 2.6
>
> > All the debs in the package manager are for 2.5, not 2.6
>
> > How can I Install wxPython for Python 2.6 without building from the source?
>
> > Any help appreciated, I need this solved! :)
>
> > --
>
> I don't know. Why don't you ask Ubuntu?
> How come you don't want to build from source?

Did you look at the wxPython wiki?

http://wiki.wxpython.org/InstallingOnUbuntuOrDebian

Try that. If it doesn't work, then you'll probably have to install
from source. However, I wouldn't bother with it and Python 2.6 until
wxPython's next release as there are some goofy things going on with
the manifest files. Maybe this doesn't affect Linux users
though...however, if you experience weird issues, that may be the
cause...or you didn't build it correctly.

If you need help building wxPython, please post to the wxPython list.

- Mike