Is there a programming language that is combination of Python andBasic?

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Sun Apr 19 12:43:06 EDT 2009

On Apr 19, 3:51�am, "Hendrik van Rooyen" <m... at microcorp.co.za> wrote:
> "Mensanator" <mens... at aol.com> wrote:
>
> 8< ---------- description of bugs in spaghetti ---------------
>
> Looks like that design really needed sorting out!

Since I was translating to Pascal, I couldn't
emulate that code if I wanted to.

> >A programmer once said to me "Why should I run it, I know
> >how it works, I wrote it."
>
> Are you serious?

Absolutely.

> In my opinion, anybody who says this is not a programmer,
> but merely an arrogant idiot with a lot of misplaced self-
> confidence - somewhat like a permanent force corporal.

That might have contributed to the reason why we
din't sell too many systems.

The last product developed ran on an IBM RISC PC
using the PICK operating system. We sold nearly one.

> >My reply: "You only THINK you know how it works. _I_, on
> >the other hand, ACTUALLY know how it works because I've
> >run it."
>
> How did you manage to keep your reply so meek?

He got paid more than I did.

> You must be a really well brought up person.
> :-)

But not behind their backs. A program I created that
tested anuther programmer's attempt at making a hash
table was labeled HASHIT.

Said programmer was long gone when the customer called
and wanted to know why his 10000 record database was
saying it was full when only 3000 employees had been
entered. Turned out that the hashing algorithm could
not access any more than 3000 of the 10000 available
records. This isn't the kind of thing Field Service
is supposed to have to deal with.