Is there a programming language that is combination of Python andBasic?

Sun Apr 19 11:12:20 EDT 2009

Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
> "Mensanator" <mens..r at aol.com> wrote:
>
> 8< ---------- description of bugs in spaghetti ---------------
>
> Looks like that design really needed sorting out!
>
>> A programmer once said to me "Why should I run it, I know
>> how it works, I wrote it."
>
> Are you serious?
> In my opinion, anybody who says this is not a programmer,
> but merely an arrogant idiot with a lot of misplaced self-
> confidence - somewhat like a permanent force corporal.
>
>> My reply: "You only THINK you know how it works. _I_, on
>> the other hand, ACTUALLY know how it works because I've
>> run it."
>
> How did you manage to keep your reply so meek?
> You must be a really well brought up person.
> :-)

Possibly because the proper reply was probably, "You only THINK
you know how it works. _I_, on the other hand, know how it behaves,
even if I don't know how it was supposed to work."

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org