Is there a programming language that is combination of Python and Basic?

Tim Wintle tim.wintle at teamrubber.com
Sun Apr 19 01:33:23 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 05:08 +0000, Zaphod wrote:
> Well, most of the Linux kernel is written in C and while there *is* a
> jump (often JMP) in most asms, you should only do so if you really
> need
> to.  JSR (jump sub routine) is a better idea in many (most?) cases.

Have to say that I feel jump is more than justified in some situations
(when it's jumping to within 10-20 lines of the start position, and it's
a routine that needs to be highly optimised - I'm thinking tail
recursion etc.)

(btw, how come nobody has mentioned python bytecode? Most flow control
is jumps)

Tim Wintle