[OT] large db question about no joins

Tim Wintle tim.wintle at teamrubber.com
Sun Apr 19 01:04:46 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 21:16 +0100, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
> So in other words, just lay out the data which makes the most sense
> you, the pain of recreating SQL like logic is there no matter what
> layout you choose.

I have to say that given the amount of pain most people seem to go
through when they first learn about relational databases, it seems
ironic how much people come to expect that that's the standard way to
query data!

At the end of the day it's all just one long sequential load of 0s and
1s on disk, and some code somewhere has to do all the logic.

(I'm a relational database user btw, but it seems to happen with object
database people too - we get so used to our own paradigm that we don't
think about other ways of doing the task)

Tim Wintle