Is there a programming language that is combination of Python and Basic?

Tim Rowe digitig at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 16:20:29 EDT 2009

2009/4/18 Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com>:

> <blink>  I had never previously heard that Modula-2 significantly
> influenced Ada, and the Wikipedia entry says nothing about it.  Do you
> have a cite?

Not in writing. I got it from a SPARK user group meeting many years
ago. SPARK is, of course a subset of Ada with some mandatory
structured comments, and is a successor to SPADE which was much the
same thing for Pascal. When somebody asked one of the SPARK team -- I
think it was Denton Clutterbuck -- why they'd gone from Pascal to Ada
rather than Modula2, he observed "If you look at the SPARK subset
you'll see that it pretty much *is* Modula2". So whether Modula2 was a
direct influence or not, it seems to have found its way in.

--
Tim Rowe