Is there a programming language that is combination of Python and Basic?

Leguia, Tony leguiato at Grinnell.EDU
Fri Apr 17 17:10:47 EDT 2009

Though I don't know why you would want to reference lines numbers, I assume it's for goto statements or something similar.
With that said please read:
1) http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rubinson/copyright_violations/Go_To_Considered_Harmful.html

I would also like to put forth my opinion, shared by many in the community, that Basic is actually dangerous as an educational programming language, and that writing
large professional code in it is hard, and actually hampered by the language. I'm not trying to to start a flame war here but this post almost made me cry.

Also python is functional, it's so powerful. Grow and learn to take advantage of that. Why hold yourself back?

From: python-list-bounces+leguiato=grinnell.edu at python.org [python-list-bounces+leguiato=grinnell.edu at python.org] On Behalf Of baykus [baykusderki at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 3:37 PM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Is there a programming language that is combination of Python and      Basic?

Hi

I am looking for one of those experimental languages that might be
combination of python+basic. Now thta sounds weird and awkward I know.
The reason I am asking is that I always liked how I could reference-
call certain line number back in the days. It would be interesting to
get similar functionality in Python.