script question

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Fri Apr 17 14:08:54 EDT 2009

Scott,

Newbie question (and I'm not the OP): What are your thoughts on having
your decorator add an attribute to the functions vs. placing the
functions in a global variable?

def _included(f):
    f._included = True
    return f

I tried experimenting with this technique, but could not find a way to
use dir() to discover all my functions with an _included attribute.

The following convoluted comprehension works to execute functions with
an _included attribute when a list of function names is available.

[ eval(x)() for x in [ 'func01', 'func02', 'func03' ] if getattr(
eval(x), '_included', False ) ]

However, I can't figure out a way to replace my list of hard-coded
function names with the output from the dir() command.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Malcolm