[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.6.2

Russell Owen rowen at u.washington.edu
Thu Apr 16 14:58:27 EDT 2009

I installed the Mac binary on my Intel 10.5.6 system and it works,
except it still uses Apple's system Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 instead of my
ActiveState 8.4.19 (which is in /Library/Frameworks where one would
expect).

I just built python from source and that version does use ActiveState
8.4.19.

I wish I knew what's going on. Not being able to use the binary
distros is a bit of a pain.

Just out of curiosity: which 3rd party Tcl/Tk did you have installed
when you made the installer? Perhaps if it was 8.5 that would explain
it. If so I may try updating my Tcl/Tk -- I've been wanting some of
the bug fixes in 8.5 anyway.

-- Russell