How to check all elements of a list are same or different

Gaurav Moghe moghegau at msu.edu
Wed Apr 15 17:55:49 EDT 2009

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. But I am interested in analysing the contents of just
one list. For example,

list1=[1,2,3,4,5,6]
So, the logical statement would probably be:
if list1==(contains all same values), print "Same"    ---->False
if list1==(contains all different values), print "Different"  ---->True

I wanted to know here whether there is a command/function that can do
exactly this.  I hope I am more clearer than my last try!

Thanks!
Gaurav

--
Gaurav Moghe