need to start a new project , can python do all that ?

Tim Rowe digitig at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 09:05:10 EDT 2009

2009/4/15 Deep_Feelings <doctoresam at gmail.com>:
> I want to start programming a new program (electronic health care
> center) in python and before start learning python i wanna make sure
> that python does have all the features i need to accomplish this
> project so i wanna ask you does python able to support these
> features :
>
> 1- cross platform (windows + linux)
> 2- mysql database access
> 3- 2D graphs (curves)
> 4- support of international languages
> 5- can access a scanner and input pictures from it.
>
> and possibly be able to import data from labratory machines (such as
> CBC machines) to automatically register patient investigations result
> into the system (not mandatory)

What are the safety and security requirements? If you're handling
patient investigation results then there are certainly security issues
because of patient confidentiality, and there may be safety issues
(could a software fault contribute to a patient receiving incorrect
treatment, or failing to receive necessary treatment?)

You almost certainly need to contact the appropriate regulatory
authority to check whether they have any requirements for languages in
such applications (and for specific development processes), or you
could find yourself either with an application you can't use or a very
big lawsuit and possibly jail if it goes wrong.

--
Tim Rowe