GUI Programming

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Mon Apr 13 16:30:35 EDT 2009

Gabriel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm python newbie and i need to write gui for my school work in python.
> I need to write it really quick, because i haven't much time .)
> So question is, which of gui toolkits should i pick and learn? I heard
> PyGTK and Glade are best for quick gui programming? Is it good for
> beginner? Or is there something better?
> I have some experience with java swing, btw..
> --

I've been using wxpython for a while. They're all good, depending on
what you need/want/etc.

I think wxpython has one of the most mature sets of optional widgets
since its x-platform AND
x-language, but I may be mistaken.

take a look at the wx demo app and see if you find the right widgets
already documented/implemented.

http://www.wxpython.com ...the demo app is part of the distribution IIRC.

Lawson