[ANN] Falcon - powering innovation

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Mon Apr 13 07:09:08 EDT 2009

Gerhard Häring wrote:
> Kless wrote:
>> If anybody is interesed in new technologies, you'll love this new
>> language called Falcon [1], which has been open sourced ago little
>> time.
>>
>> Falcon is a scripting engine ready to empower mission-critical
>> multithreaded applications.
>
> "Mission-critical" and "empower" sound like a good start for bullshit
> bingo :-P

All I need is "synergy", "paradigm", or "please advise" and I've won!

>> It provides six integrated programming paradigms:

Oh, wait...BINGO!

>> procedural, object oriented, prototype oriented,
>> functional, tabular and message oriented. You use what you prefer.
>
> I've never heard of tabular programming before.

I think that's a violation of PEP-8...doesn't that suggest using
spaces instead of tabs?  Or maybe your code goes in a table, so
it's "programming with Excel"?

And only six programming paradigms?  What about "buzzword
oriented"?  And how about "declarative oriented" for the Prolog
refugees?  Pshaw...and you (OP) suggest it's multiparadigmatic?

-tkc