save error with embedded python 2.5

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Apr 12 17:29:50 EDT 2009

En Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:40:11 -0300, Eric_Dexter at msn.com
<Eric_Dexter at msn.com> escribió:

> I seem to be getting one extra value when I create my values with
>
> for yy in range(1, maxy):
>           for xx in range(1, maxx):
>             count = count + 1
>             #squaret.append[count]
>             squaret.append( square(xx * 20, yy * 20))

yy goes from 1 to maxy-1, xx goes from 1 to maxx-1, there are
(maxy-1)*(maxx-1) squares generated. Is that what you want?

> and saving boxes with
>
> if squaresave.state == '1':
>           outfile = open('grid.dat','w')
>           count = 0
>           for s in squaret:
>             count = count + 1
>             outfile.write(s.state)
>             outfile.write(' ')
>             if count == maxy:
>               outfile.write('\n')
>               count = 0

Here, you're counting from 1 to maxy inclusive.

Why don't you use the same two-loop design both times? Or better, use a
bidimensional data structure (like a list of lists, or the numpy library
if you're mostly concerned with numbers).

--
Gabriel Genellina