GUI Programming

edexter Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Sun Apr 12 13:01:14 EDT 2009

On Apr 12, 8:07 am, Gabriel <dun... at dreams.sk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm python newbie and i need to write gui for my school work in python.
> I need to write it really quick, because i haven't much time .)
> So question is, which of gui toolkits should i pick and learn? I heard
> PyGTK and Glade are best for quick gui programming? Is it good for
> beginner? Or is there something better?
> I have some experience with java swing, btw..

pygame may work for you (sdl doesn't work on my compaq though so test
the examples befour reading the manual)...  most of the other ones are
going to be "ugly"..  If what you want is realy simple and pygame
doesn't work for you may want pycap (a gaming system with python
embeded) ..  What do you need it to do?? just simple buttons???