Python 2.6/3.0 packages for Ubuntu?

JanC usenet at janc.invalid
Sat Apr 11 23:02:06 EDT 2009

Francesco Bochicchio wrote:

> skip at pobox.com ha scritto:
>> Does Ubuntu really not have Python 2.6 or 3.0 packages or do I just have my
>> package list misconfigured?  I'm setting up a fresh machine and am not too
>> Ubuntu-aware.  Is there a list of package repositories around somewhere?

> In current 8.10,  the default python is 2.5, but there is a set of
> packages python3-... which gives you the 3.0.

It has a 3.0 beta I think (the final version was released too late to
include it).

> The upcoming 09.04 will have 2.6 as standard, I think ...

2.6.1 actually, and it has 3.0.1 too, as well as versions of 2.4 (for zope2)
and 2.5.  Plus jython & ironpython...  ;)

http://packages.ubuntu.com/python
http://packages.ubuntu.com/python2.6
http://packages.ubuntu.com/python3

(For Debian use "packages.debian.org" instead.)

--
JanC