How to create a virtual serial port?

Sat Apr 11 11:17:17 EDT 2009

Stuart Davenport wrote:
> On 11 Apr, 08:52, Scott David Daniels <Scott.Dani... at Acm.Org> wrote:
>> Stuart Davenport wrote:
>>> ... I'm on a OS X, python 2.5.... Then the GPS program I have
>>> running on my MAC, RouteBuddy, can read the data from that serial port
>>> as standard.
I'ms confused by this statement.  What physical connector does your
"serial port" use to get the serial data to the Mac?  I only have one
3-year old Mac laptop to look at, and I just don't see anything that I
would call a serial port.

> Scott, many thanks for the advice....
No problem.  I was short earlier because I wanted to spend time helping
someone out, not pulling clues out.  If I have an hour to answer some
questions, I'd rather read something that let's me hep out.  I figured
you might get a good answer if you asked something with full context,
and there were _way_ too many variables to get you an answer from what
you started with.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org