Open source web crawler with mysql integration

Philip Semanchuk philip at semanchuk.com
Fri Apr 10 23:15:15 EDT 2009

On Apr 10, 2009, at 10:37 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <mailman.3655.1239380993.11746.python-list at python.org>,
> Philip
> Semanchuk wrote:
>
>> I'd love to open source it and if someone wants to pay me to make
>> it open
>> source-able, let's talk!
>
> Nobody's going to pay you for something of doubtful value--it's up
> to you to
> prove the value of the code first. You must go to the community, the
> community will not come to you.

Not true, people pay for things of doubtful value all the time! I just
need a better sales team. =)

Seriously, if I had expectations of talking someone into fronting
money, do you think I'd use words like "insufficiently documented" and
"byzantine"? I was just trying to emphasize what I thought was an
obvious point: I can't afford the time to open source my code right
now, but if someone were to make it worth my while, that'd be a
different story. I may as well have said "if I win the lottery". It
*could* happen, but I'm not holding my breath (or buying lottery
tickets).

Cheers
Philip