How to create a virtual serial port?

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:48:28 EDT 2009

As others have already stated, "Virtual Serial Port" isn't descriptive
enough. There are various forms of "Virtual Serial Ports" and different
people use the term to mean different things. For example, emulating RS232
communication over Bluetooth, or USB, is also something done using "Virtual
Serial Port". I'd expect however, this to be a driver, not typically not a
user-land application.

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Stuart Davenport <
stuart.davenport at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to work out if its possible, to create a virtual serial
> port with Python? Would anyone know how to go about this in code? Any
> help would be greatly appreciated! :)
>
> I have a had a google and the topics returned only seem to reflect
> "reading" serial port data, particularly pySerial results...
>
> Cheers
> Stu
> --

regards,