numpy.where

Lou Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Apr 9 09:09:18 EDT 2009

In article <mailman.3576.1239266409.11746.python-list at python.org>,
 Neil Crighton <neilcrighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but maybe you want a boolean
> array to select the right elements? So if time and energy are 1-d numpy arrays
> of the same length:

> There's also a Numpy list for these kind of questions:
>
> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general
>
> Neil

Thanks, Neil.  Always something to learn.  I've used Numpy for several
years, but still have not plumbed the depths.  Just tried this script
and, yep, it works.

      arr=array([-1,1.0,2.2,-10.0,1.1, 0.9,-0.9])
      cond= arr < 1.0
      print cond
      brr=arr[cond]
      print brr

Output:

[ True False False  True False  True  True]
[ -1.  -10.    0.9  -0.9]

Really,  I've gotta RTFM. :-)

--
-- Lou Pecora