genetic algorithms in Python??

Esmail ebonak at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:36:07 EDT 2009

R. David Murray wrote:
> Esmail <esmail.js at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Mohammed,
>>
>> Yes, that would great. While I am comfortable with GAs,
>> I'm still rather inexperienced with Python so seeing some
>> implementation examples would be very useful.
>
> A google for 'python genetic algorithms' turns up a number
> of interesting hits.

Agreed .. I did that and came up with a number of hits, but the
"problem" :-) with Python is a plethora of choices, so I wasn't
quite sure which of the finds might be the most promising/useful.

Nothing like a testimony from someone who uses or has used a tool.

> I also remember seeing at least one package announced on
> python-announce that referred to genetic algorithms,
> so you might check the archives of that mailing list
> as well.

Yes, that's a good idea, thanks,
Esmail