Some test fail on my new Python 2.6

Sorin Schwimmer sxn02 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 16:04:18 EDT 2009

Hello again,

/usr/local/lib is in /etc/ld.so.conf. The files are real. However,
creating symlinks in /usr/lib targeting the libraries in /usr/local/lib,
then recompiling, solved the tkinter problem. So, the conclusion is that
only /usr/lib is consulted for the tcl/tk libraries.

multiprocessing - do I need it? Probably not. I can fork() a new process,
so I can manage. I don't know what am I loosing without multiprocessing.

socket was solved as suggested, by adding the host name in /etc/hosts, like this:
127.0.0.1  localhost dsr-1

sys doesn't fail anymore after recompilation (have no clue why).

htttpservers is still failing the same.

Everything is done as root.

I'll move on with make install.

Thanks for your help; I'm progressing :-)

SxN