Q: "Best" book for teaching

Joel Koltner zapwireDASHgroups at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 14:32:33 EDT 2009

"Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote in message
news:grhq75$ebn$2 at lust.ihug.co.nz...
> I thought that a good introduction might be to show them how HTML works, and
> progress from there to embedding little bits of JavaScript.
>
> Nothing to do with Python I know, but might be a possibility.

If you want to emphasize web usage, I'd be tempted to show them a bit of HTML
and then introduce them to CGI-bin scripts... written in Python.

Something like Django might be fun to show as well, although such "full
featured" content management systems are really a course unto themselves.
(And if you're used Python scripts on the server and played with, e.g., MySQL
a little, it'll be clear that things like Django are just greatly expanded
versions of what they're doing themselves.)

---Joel