Issue with subprocess Module

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Apr 7 09:05:03 EDT 2009

tarun wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've a batch file to be  invoke using a python script. The batch file has
> pause, and the time, I need to send some command to the batch file from my
> scripts. I placed both, the batch file (test.bat) and the python script
> (test.py) in the same folder. And executed 'test.py'

I can't reproduce this in Python 2.6.1. The following is the
result of cut-and-pasting your test.py & test.bat and running
them from the command line:

<dump>
C:\temp>test.py

C:\temp>echo "START'
"START'

C:\temp>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

C:\temp>echo 'END'
'END'

C:\temp>

</dump>

which is pretty much which I'd expected. I know there have been quite
a few changes to the subprocess module between Python 2.5 & 2.6 so
maybe you need to upgrade. (Failing that, we'd have to work a bit
harder to pin down a specific bug in the 2.5 code since 2.5 is now
in bugfix-release mode only, I think).

BTW, echo simply echoes whatever follows it, regardless of
(or including) quotes of any sort. So just do: echo START.

TJG