Killing threads

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 6 10:32:06 EDT 2009

In article <d7c02cf3-e4ed-4d64-a880-44e1510ec71b at f19g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,
 <bieffe62 at gmail.com> wrote:

>I know that killing threads is hard in any language (I'm facing now
>the issue in a C++ program I'm writing at work), expecially doing in a
>platform-independent way, but Java managed to do it.

That's not my understanding:

http://www.roseindia.net/javatutorials/shutting_down_threads_cleanly.shtml

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz