mmap resizing macosx unix

David Pratt fairwinds.dp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 15:39:16 EDT 2009

For sake of documenting for list, I ended up opening file a second
time with 'a', padding it to extend its size (previous size +
additional bytes to accommodate the insertion), closing file, open
file with 'r+',  open a second mmap with with new size, moving text to
new location, then inserting the replacement text. Not quite as smooth
as doing a resize(), moving text and inserting if this had worked.

Regards,
David