Need advise about an application

azrael jura.grozni at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 13:14:08 EDT 2009

On 5 tra, 14:48, 一首诗 <newpt... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have to show these data on GUI?  If so, why not use the event
> pattern?
> As far as I know, it's the standard way wxPython works.

Yes, I have to show the signaled data, but also create some
statistical meassurement  datasets as also some graphical
represenatations  and graphs.
wyPython works this way and it supports custom made events. I thought
of something like that. But I am not sure how to combine the serial
port signal to the event to call the handler. Time to google for it :D
But I am still  not sure if to use one thread for signal receiving and
DB saving, and anotherone for statistics and other stuff because it is
very important to save the signal which comes every second. if the
statistics generation can use the rest of the time, then it should be
done.

I have absolutly no expirience with multi thread programing. I know
about them only from theory I got to learn at college. I wanted to ask
for an advice from something from someone with lots expirience, but
also to learn new stuff by example.

> BTW : If it's not complicated, I think maybe some wysiwyg solution is
> better.
> I use python for almost every thing, except these related to GUI.

How do you mean WYSIWYG. I know what you mean but Don't know egactly
what you mean.